Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing # 16

Wikis-I am really seeing some awesome ideas to use in my classroom. For Dr. Bishop's class, our group started a Habitat Wiki page. It was really fun and easy. I will be using this with my second graders this semester. I first was introduced to a wiki through our librarian. She made one for the Salad Guy. You know how school lunches taste. It seems to be a hit. Every day when I go into the lounge for lunch, there are several orders there, ready and waiting.
After going to wetpaint.com I decided to try one for an upcoming family reunion. Our family is huge and spread out all over the US. So far the people who have actively used it are the nieces and nephews that are in the late teens, early 20s. My sisters and brothers had to be coaxed into signing up. Don't even get me started on my 87 year old mom. Wiki? What is it? We got her signed up, but she really has not a clue how to go about adding information or editing pages. She says she just enjoys reading the other people's comments.

1 comment:

VWB said...

How fun that your moom has that tool to use in keeping up with your far-flung family...even if all she does is read it!
Good luck with your classroom uses...be sureand let us know how it is going.