Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing # 15

As a teacher, I am enjoying Library 2.0. I have learned so much already about so many neat tools to use with my students, but I know there is so much more out there. I have only scratched the surface of the possibilities. The sad part is, my students probably already know about several of these tools. I'm the one trying to play catch up.
One thing is for sure, the librarian/teacher relationship needs to change. There needs to be more collaboration on lessons and discussions on the best way to approach a subject/research. By learning new resources to use in the classroom, I can’t wait to share these with my students.
After reading, Away from the “icebergs”, I thought about how librarians need to keep up with the ever changing trends. As a librarian, I would start with my teachers who are the “cheerleaders” of the school. You know the teachers I am referring to-the ones who are always willing to try new ideas. They love learning, so why not bring them onboard to help? Personally, I love when a brand new teacher joins our campus. They may not have experience in the classroom, but they bring in a fresh new perspective to teaching. Sure they are going to make mistakes, but so are some of us older folks who aren’t trying to reach the children with new approaches.

No comments: