Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing #4 Youtube and Teachertube

I enjoy looking at videos and I often get off task when I get on these sites. However, there are many worthwhile videos out there. When researching the Holocaust with 8th graders this year, I found several quick videos that were well done and appropriate to use.
Right now my 7th graders are using flip cameras to make book trailers. Both these sites were helpful in "consuming" quality trailers. We even got to "critique" the trailers and discuss some do and don'ts. Now that they are "producing" their book trailers, I believe their projects are much better then if we didn't have examples to use.

Below is an animoto that I downloaded onto youtube. I did it just to see if I could. It was easy. I however like the option of the delte key.

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

2 comments:

VWB said...

So we are seeing the Animoto version. Be sure you know how to bring YouTubes into the blog...you will be asked how to do that I suspect.

The district is encouraging groups to add things to the district channel...also think our group might to do that ...with all the interesting PS and book trailers What do you think?

Kandel's fan said...

How exactly did you load an Animoto into YouTube? I have tried and cannot.